43' (13.11m) Tollycraft - Salty Dog
1983 Tollycraft Aft Cabin
$ 169,500€ 142,842$ 211,334£ 121,981
Vessel ID: 2781029
For those who are serious about cruising and who value seaworthiness, the Tollycraft 43 Motor Yacht has long been a standout performer. Built on a rugged semi-displacement, solid fiberglass hull and bearing a distinct trawler-style profile, the Tollycraft 43 is widely regarded as a superior heavy-weather boat. A sharp entry and a full-length keel provide good handling characteristics, while her flat after sections allow the 43 to cruise efficiently at 12 plus knots with twin GM 6.2 liter turbocharged diesels. The accommodations are well organized with double berths in each stateroom and a breakfast bar separating the salon from the lower level galley. An inside helm and deck access door, as well as full walkaround decks, swim platform and bow pulpit of the 43 Motor Yacht are a plus for convenience and cruising flexibility. The interior is finished with well-crafted teak cabinets and paneling throughout, and the floors were re-done in 2005 with teak-and-holly. The aft deck is large enough for a dinghy and the flybridge with full canvas enclosure is comfortable in all conditions.
SALTY DOG had a full re-fit in 2005 and has been continually upgraded and maintained by the current owner. Some of the items include new re-bedded hardware, decks re-surfaced, bottom re-surfaced, new windows from Tollycraft and new shades, galley and heads gutted and refit, new instruments and upgraded electrical system, lighting, speaker system throughout the vessel, and more. Hydraulic stabilizers were also added, AC was new in 2011, canvas in 2016.
SALTY DOG is a beautiful example of a well-designed cruising vessel brought up to today's standards of performance and comfort and ready to go. Located in Stamford, CT, showings by appointment only.
- Feature 1:
- Feature 2:
- Feature 3:
- Feature 4:
- Feature 5:
- Notable Upgrades:
Sleeps 6 in two staterooms and salon sofa that converts to a double berth. The forward stateroom features a double berth to port with plenty of storage in the pedestal. To starboard is a hanging locker and bench seat. Overhead hatch and port lights offer natural lighting.
Aft to port is the galley, and directly across is the guest/day head with VacuFlush head and separate shower, chrome fixtures and stainless steel sink.
Up four steps is the salon/lower helm area with sliding deck doors to port and starboard and door to upper, aft deck. Across from the helm station is a breakfast bar with seating. To port, is an L-shaped sleeper sofa with a teak hi/lo table with wings in front of the sofa. To starboard is an entertainment center featuring a 56" TV, stereo system with surround sound, and an electric fireplace. Speakers are located through the boat with separate volume controls and there is a 26" TV in the forward stateroom and a 42" in the aft one.
The aft stateroom features a double pedestal berth, plenty of storage including hanging lockers and built-in drawers and en suite head with VacuFlush toilet, fully enclosed shower with fan and automatic sump pump.
New windows and frames were re-bedded and installed in 2005 and have exterior privacy/sun covers, and interior Levolor blinds.
New teak-and-holly floors were installed throughout in 2003.
- All New Galley 2017
- Mosaic Backsplash
- Formica Counter
- NORCOLD Refrigerator/Freezer
- GE Microwave/Convection Oven w/external exhaust fan
- WEDGEWOOD VISION Propane 3-burner Stove w/Oven & Broiler
- Instant Hot Water Dispenser
- Stainless Steel Sink and Fixtures
- Lighting-Task, undercabinet, ceiling
- Propane Gas Vapor Monitor
- Water tank monitor
Deck & Hull
- Fiberglass decks re-surfaced in 2005 with epoxy paint
- Topsides New gelcoat 2011
- All new deck hardware installed and re-bedded
- Stainless bow pulpit
- Stainless railing with teak caps
- Marquipt Electric Davit on aft deck, electric with remote
- Ideal windlass with 300' chain, 45# CQR plow anchor and remote control from flybridge or lower helm
- Saltwater washdown
- Spare Danforth anchor
- Fresh water washdown on aft deck
- Fresh water shower on aft deck, hot and cold
- Full flybridge canvas enclosure (New 2016)
- 2 Helm chairs at flybridge
- Huge factory-built storage locker with seating
- Aft deck fish cleaning station
- Transom door
- Swim platform
- Swim ladder
Electrical & Plumbing
- Lighting-New & upgraded, floor/courtesy/under-counter/sconce/ceiling
- Electrical panel in engine room (60 AMP)
- Breaker panel on flybridge
- New LEDs throughout vessel
- Batteries -8D AGMs (3 House, 2 Engines)
- Automatic battery chargers
- 6 Bilge pumps
- Inverter/charger for TV, lighting, refrigerator
- 20 AMP outlets in all rooms for heaters
- Raritan 20-gallon how water heater & exhanger. Stainless tank, glass lined. (New 2015)
- 3 CruiseAir A/C Units (Salon New 2011)
- High-velocity fresh water pump system
- Dockside direct water connection
- SeaLand pumpout system
- New head hoses (2017)
Electronics & Helm
- GARMIN GPSMap 7212 Chartplotter
- GARMIN GPSMap 3010Chartplotter
- GARMIN GPSMap 220 Chartplotter
- RITCHIE Hooded Dash Compass
- PROBE Interphase Sonar
- ICOM VHF
- Hydraulic Trim Tab Control
- Hydraulic Stabilizer Control
- Windlass Remote Control
- Stereo Speakers
- SIMRAD Shipmate CP30 Chartplotter
- AUTOHELM Wind, Depth, Boat Speed
- RITCHIE Compass
- Windlass Remote Control
- Hydraulic Trim Tab Control
- Hydraulic Stabilizer Control
Engine & Mechanical
- Twin GM 6.2 liter turbocharged diesel engines (1,600 hours. All re-built 2005)
- Highly fuel-efficient (6 gal/hour)
- WESTERBEKE Generator 7.7 KW (609 Hours)
- 12V Oil-changing system
- Hydraulic steering with 2 stations
- 2 (200 gal) aluminum fuel tanks
- Hydraulic Stabilizers
- BENNETT Automatic Trim Tab Control
- FIRE BOY Halon Fire Suppressant System
Lynn Wise Oliver
Lynn fell in love with sailing and the boating lifestyle when she moved to the East Coast to work as a young adult. She understands that boating can be a wonderful, but daunting, experience. Her belief is that owning a boat should be positive, and buying and selling should be both professional and personalized to the needs of her clients.
Lynn’s insights and expertise have been gained through her extensive cruising, certification coursework, sailing, navigation and safety instruction, and earning her USCG Masters License. She was a boat owner for more than 25 years having both power and sail and is active in her local yacht club. Professionally, Lynn learned about boats, boaters and the industry as Marketing Director for Brewer Yacht Yards which included 26 locations. With the 2017 acquisition of Brewer Yacht Yards by Safe Harbor Marinas, she was appointed Director of Member Experience for the 80+ national locations.
Lynn has two adult sons who were raised in, on, and around the water and are still messing about with boats for work and pleasure. They have provided additional perspectives on boating, life and boat choices.
As an American Sailing Association and US Sail & Power Squadron Instructor and private captain, Lynn loves empowering people in boating, especially women. She understands that boating can be fabulous if all onboard feel safe, comfortable, and confident. That starts with the selection of the right boat for your lifestyle.
Contact Lynn to help with your decision-making process whether you’re buying or selling a boat. She can be reached at 203.979.5565 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Design & Construction
Dimensions & Weight
Hull & Measurements
YachtBroker.org is a member listing service (MLS) for active Professional & Charter members of any yacht brokers association. We do not work directly with any vessel buyers or sellers. We do not receive any compensation from any resulting transactions.
This listing is presented to you courtesy of a professional yacht brokerage member. It is offered as a convenience on this website to its visitors and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel. The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Similar Yachts For Sale
Based on price range and size you may be interested in these yachts/catamarans. The following options are examples and if you would like to see more similar yachts/catamarans please click below.