72' (21.95m) Absolute - Stay Cool
Fully Loaded 2016 72' Absolute with Seakeeper, Volvo IPS with joystick remote, hydraulic swim platform, underwater lights and so much more!
$ 1,995,000€ 1,689,304$ 2,523,559£ 1,441,720
Vessel ID: 2779538
In its review of the 72 Absolute, Power & Motoryacht had an unusual suggestion for prospective buyers - they should be blindfolded even before setting eyes on this masterfully-designed yacht, then guided down the dock and up to the flybridge, where a captain would take her offshore and up to her cruising speed of 20 knots. Only then should the blindfold be removed.
Why, you ask, was the above suggestion made? Because, the reviewer wrote knowingly, the Absolute 72's gorgeous lines, stylish interior, "mega yacht-sized flybridge", and high-end equipment would only serve as a distraction from one of the key selling points of the vessel - her exceptional offshore performance, even in "sporty" conditions. While that's not a tactic we would endorse, we certainly understand the point.
"Stay Cool" is the ultimate 72 Absolute. She is an extraordinary four-stateroom, fully-loaded motor yacht - and her sub-$2 million price tag easily makes her the single most compelling opportunity in her class on the market today. She is equipped with Volvo Penta IPS 1200s that propel her to a 20 knots cruise speed and a top-end of 28 knots. The yacht's Seakeeper 9 provides a smooth ride, while her phenomenal layout, lush semi-custom interior, high-end A/V system, hydraulic swim platform - and all of the other bells & whistles one could want - ensure a fun, safe, and exhilarating trip for days or weeks on end.
Stay Cool's captain will marvel at the vessel's Joystick control, Dynamic Positioning System, and aft deck wing station - though his passengers are likely to remain oblivious as to the high-tech wizardry that permits the impossibly smooth cruising experience that Stay Cool affords.
This 72 Absolute is nothing if not a luxurious family yacht - but she also doubles as a potential Charter Machine. In fact, in 2020, her current owner covered most of his operating expenses with charter revenue, while still being extremely selective, and eschewing term charters completely.
- Feature 1:Seakeeper 9 Gyro Stabilizer
- Feature 2:Volvo IPS1200s with Joystick Control and Dynamic Positioning System
- Feature 3:Dual Generators & Watermaker
- Feature 4:Premium Teak Package (From Stem to Stern!)
- Feature 5:Siren Marine Security System
- Notable Upgrades:
Upon entering the main salon through the sturdy stainless steel-framed doors of this 72 Absolute, one is instantly greeted by huge windows to port & starboard, filling the salon with an abundance of natural light. To port, one instantly notices a sprawling, leather-clad love seat & L-shaped sofa, with a charming marble coffee table situated within arm's reach of any seat. Directly across from the port-side seating is a retractable flat-screen television, which itself is situated directly behind the starboard-side three-person love seat.
Five state-of-the-art Bose speakers encircle this lounge area, which can seat eight comfortably. The finest light oak wood can be found from floor-to-ceiling throughout this main salon.
To starboard is dining table, made of light oak, in the same style as the rest of the salon, with seating for six. Moving forward, is the lower helm with two accompanying electric captains chairs to starboard. To port, is yet more storage (you can never have enough!) and a delightful nook, perfect for curling up and reading a book or conversing with the captain.
- L-shaped Sofa with Matching Arm Chair & Love Seat Bose Surround Sound System
- Pop-up Flat Screen Television with Electric Lift Dining table with Seating for Six
- Port & Starboard-side Art & Objets Display
- Glassware Display with Custom Storage
- Heavy-duty Sea Door with Push-Button Locking Mechanism Central Vacuum System (throughout the yacht)
Moving forward through "Stay Cool", there is a galley to port, with everything one would need for an extended stay on board - from an over-the-top AEG refrigerator with built-in wine storage, to a Bosch stove top and super-efficient dishwasher & microwave (also Bosch). A small Corian-and-glass covered island with storage is the galley's centerpiece. A stainless steel sink rounds out what is a stylish, yet utterly functional, galley area.
- AEI Refrigerator, Wine Chiller, Freezer and Built-In Ice Maker
- BLANCO Stainless Steel Sink
- Electric Window (Perfect for use while cooking or simply for air flow purposes) Bosch Microwave
- Bosch Stove Top and Oven
- Corian countertop in brown shades and dove gray glossy varnished bases Drawer with cutlery for 8 in dedicated housing
- Fume Extractor
The guest quarters of "Stay Cool" are masterfully laid out. Most notable is the yacht's full beam master stateroom, located belowdecks aft. It features large windows, tons of storage, a supremely-comfortable King bed, vanity desk, and settee. Directly across from the bed, is a Vizio flat-screen television, with Bose speakers lining this extraordinary stateroom.
Leaving the master stateroom, one finds a twin bed guest cabin to starboard. This is the perfect stateroom for any children on board. Opposite this cabin is the third guest stateroom, featuring a queen bed and ensuite arrangement (also serving as the day head). All the way forward is the surprisingly spacious ensuite VIP cabin. All staterooms are marked by abundant natural light, and a continuation of the light oak wood & abundant leather motif found throughout the rest of "Stay Cool". Moving from the main deck to belowdecks feels nothing if not seamless.
Virtually any owner or guest on board "Stay Cool" will spend significant time on the aft deck. With its large settee and accompanying teak-covered table, as many as eight guests can be seated comfortably. At the push of a button, an electric privacy shade can prevent the sun, and any prying eyes, from intruding on you & your guests. Making full use of Stay Cool's 18' 4" beam, the aft deck is nothing if not an entertainment space. Fusion speakers, advanced LED lighting, and the rich teak at one's feet make sure of that. On a more functional note, the yacht's captain will appreciate the starboard side Joystick Docking station and abundant storage found on this deck.
- Twin windlass stations port and starboard
- Aft deck Joystick Control for easy docking
- Additional access to the engine room through hatch
- Walk-around side decks
- Control board behind glass panel
There's a reason that a hydraulic swim platform is such a highly-coveted option - it makes dropping a tender or jet ski into the water SO much simpler. While there are some decent after-market swim platforms, you won't find one on "Stay Cool" - she's factory-installed and an integral part of the vessel. With direct access to the crew head & shower, the swim platform serves as more of a "beach club" area than anything else.
- Hydraulic swim platform with 1200 lb lifting capacity Hydraulic passatelle (built into the starboard stairs)
- Crew Quarters Access
- Shower to Port
- Glendinning Cable Master Switches Sea-Doo Watercraft & Chalks
- Swim Ladder
- Teak platform
- Anchor Locker & Windlass - Covered with Teak
- Massive Sunpad with Adjustable Backrests
- U-Shaped Settee
- Remote-controlled Loudspeakers with Hook-Up to Flybridge Radio
The flybridge on "Stay Cool" is far larger than one could reasonably expect. Covered in teak, and laden with seating & sun pads for a dozen guests, this flybridge is one of the highlights of the yacht. A massive U-shaped settee and fold-out teak dining table, guarantee that al fresco dining for 8 to 10 guests is always a possibility (weather permitting!). A well-equipped wet bar with grill, ice maker, refrigerator, and sink, allow for easy, quick service. Three forward sun pads and two aft chaise lounges are perfect for any sun worshippers on board. The hardtop's sunroof can bring shade - or intense sunlight - with the push of a button.
- Hard Top with Oversized Sunroof
- Plexiglass Windscreen with Stainless Steel Framing
- Three Sun Pads Starboard of the Helm
- U-Shaped Settee with Teak Table
- WetBar with Stainless Steel Sink, Refrigerator, Grill, Corian Countertops, and Storage for Plates & Glasses Two Chaise Lounges Aft
- Hardtop Overhead Shower (an unusual - and phenomenal - feature)
- Stairs with Solid Teak Steps and Stainless Steel Handrails
- IPS Joystick Control and ThrottleW/DGPS
- 12" Raymarine GPS and Open Array HD Radar Camera
- Navops Systems
- Bow thruster control
- VHF Radio
- Bluetooth Stereo
- Leather Dashboard with Carbon Accents
- Dual Electric Helm Chairs
- 15" screen for system monitoring (battery voltage, electrical absorptions, installed equipment, tank levels, porthole sensors, etc.)
- Twin Raymarine Screen 15" GPS Mapping with AIS Volvo 7" EVC panel
- Volvo Penta Autopilot
- Raymarine HD radar
- VHF with DSC emergency power supply
- IPS Joystick Control and Throttle W/DGPS Quick Bow thruster Control
- Windshield Wiper Control
- Bennett Trim Tab Display
- Chiller and AC controls
- XM radio with Blue Tooth Capability JABSCO Searchlight Control
- Twin 900-horsepower, 13-liter, dual-turbo Volvo Penta D13s integrated with IPS1200s (Absolute Yachts was a Volvo Penta IPS pioneer, going all the way back to 2006 - they have mastered this revolutionary technology.)
- Engine hours: 795 (Port) / 794 (Starboard) - As of 5/1/2021 Volvo ACP anti-corrosion kit
- 32kW Kohler Generator - 1,497
- Kohler6.5kW Generator
- 2500W inverter
- 3500W inverter
- Galvanic isolator
- Series 9 Seakeeper gyro stabilizer
- Cruisair air Conditioning unit with tropical package (60hz) for upper and lower deck
- (2) Cable master with remote control
- White gel coat engine
- Air/ Water separating grids and Automatic Shutters for air intakes in engine room
- Fuel Tanks (2) connected together with double fuel filler
- Double Racor fuel pre-filters with water presence sensor and acoustic signal on dashboard
- Portable electric bilge pump for fluid suction
- Domestic hot and cold water distribution system, with individual centralized shut-off valves Water Heater (Boiler)
- Propeller line cutters
- Large area in the bow for mooring with solid teak-covered floor
- Large sun bathing lounger with adjustable backrests
- U-shape settee with cushions
- Loudspeakers with remote control system connected with the radio in Flybridge
- Anchor winch with 50kg Anchor and 328 chain, local control with chain counter
- Bow anchor roller in stainless steel
- Self-draining anchor chain locker with inspection hatch Stainless steel protections for the mooring lines
- Side walk ways decks with solid teak floor
- Fire-fighting System FM200 (Engine Room)
- Smoke detection system in main deck, lower deck and engine room 2 x 8-Person Life Raft (Flybridge)
- Handheld Fire Extinguishers
- 12 x Life Preservers
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
William graduated with an MBA from The UCLA Anderson School of Management, and promptly fulfilled another lifelong goal by becoming a small business owner. The successful sale of that business enabled him to fully immerse himself in an industry that he had been following for years – yacht sales. After searching for the ideal firm with which to begin his career, William found it in 26 North Yachts, whose sophisticated approach to marketing, in particular, appealed to him. William now resides in Fort Lauderdale, and considers himself truly fortunate to live in one of the great yachting capitals of the world.
Design & Construction
Dimensions & Weight
Hull & Measurements
YachtBroker.org is a member listing service (MLS) for active Professional & Charter members of any yacht brokers association. We do not work directly with any vessel buyers or sellers. We do not receive any compensation from any resulting transactions.
This listing is presented to you courtesy of a professional yacht brokerage member. It is offered as a convenience on this website to its visitors and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel. The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Similar Yachts For Sale
Based on price range and size you may be interested in these yachts/catamarans. The following options are examples and if you would like to see more similar yachts/catamarans please click below.