1. IYBA gathers the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
Tracking information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by email (for example, your domain name, your email address, and what pages you visit).
Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other marine industry organizations and general demographic data).
2. IYBA uses this information to:
Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools, such as COMPASS Magazine online and print.
Notify you of updates to our sites.
Notify you of relevant products and services.
Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware.
Track usage of our sites.
Assist brokerage and charter associations and affiliated Institutes, Societies, and Councils in membership tracking and for their use for purposes similar to those listed above.
3. Email contact information. IYBA does not share, sell, or trade email addresses, except that state and local association staff and leadership email addresses may be listed in the membership directories & listing details available on IYBA.Org. IYBA may use your email address to directly send you information and may provide you with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by IYBA together with other communications to which you have subscribed.
4. Other forms of contact information. Forms of contact information other than email address (for example, street address) may be listed in the brokerage directories available on IYBA.Org. IYBA will not share, sell or otherwise provide this contact information about you except for the following purposes:
Partners in our Sponsorship Program for the limited purpose of notifying you of IYBA-approved promotions.
Exhibitors at IYBA trade shows for the limited purpose of contacting you one time immediately before and after trade shows, through marketing vehicles approved by IYBA.
Other vendors for the limited purpose of contacting targeted groups of members, through marketing vehicles approved by IYBA.
When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our sites that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. If information about you will be shared with a sponsor you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
5. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products, dues or other services via the IYBA payment gateway will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
6. IYBA follows generally accepted standards to protect the information it collects and makes available via its Web sites. IYBA tests their security procedures regularly and modifies them as new technologies become feasible.
7. IYBA utilizes a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. You may adjust your Communication Preferences by reviewing your IYBA subscription emails and clicking unsubscribe to change your preferences.
8. You may edit your personal contact information directly in IYBA.Org or by contacting IYBA.
10. Do-Not-Track Disclosure: Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that allows you to communicate to websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Our system does not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers at this time.