YACHT MANAGER - FLORIDA
A successful Yacht Manager with Hill Robinson USA will have demonstrated experience and knowledge of the yachting industry. This position involves working to ensure resources are in place for the smooth and safe operation of our fleet vessels. Areas of responsibility include safety and compliance administration, technical and emergency support, crew management, financial administration and shoreside support. The Yacht Manager is the central point of contact for all vessel operations and is responsible for regular reporting to the owner.
· Point of contact for captains; effectively and efficiently communicate with captains and crew.
· Monitor monthly budgets and communicate/anticipate overages, purchasing and spending thresholds; approve invoices, advice on monthly funding requests.
· Coordinate and review insurance, VSAT (and other communications,) vendor and other service contracts and T&C’s.
· Produce monthly and yearly owner reports.
· Faciliate good flow of communication between yacht and other departments at Hill Robinson.
Safety Administration and Technical Support:
· Yacht compliance working directly with applicable Flag states, Class societies and Port State Control.
· Using HRclick, monitor ships documents; oversee and instruct upload / download accounts, photos, forms and certificates by the yacht administrator.
· Review ISM meetings and follow through to close open issues.
· Working with the vessels, update and produce safety manuals, annual SMA and SSP reviews.
· Liaise with the project manager to assist with refit work; arrange statutory Class and Flag surveys and attendance.
· Support yachts in emergencies including incident/accident reporting and insurance claim coordination.
· Working with the employer, coordinate all captain and crew employment procedures and employment terms.
· Advise on crew selection; ensure certification is correctly verified; coordinate employment contracts with employer.
· Manage and review annual crew appraisals; advice on dismissals; coordination of departures and/or terminations.
· Working with the employer and yacht accountant, monitor payroll and communicate changes and/or other issues.
· Develop relationships with Hill Robinson preferred vendors and contractors and be able to advise yachts as needed.
· Assist with dockage, bunkering and supplies when requested, working with the Hill Robinson Procurement department.
Education and Training Requirements
College degree or other related degree preferred; or equivalent experience.
ISM Auditor’s Course and / or other maritime training a plus.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
2+ Years industry specific experience required.
Additional experience in similar position, working aboard a yacht as crew, and / or other industry related experience beneficial.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Want to apply for this job?
Enter your basic information below to start the process!