Marine Technician - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Marine Technician - FUNCTION DESCRIPTION
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
The ideal candidate will possess either a High School or Associate's Degree and/or 1-2+ years of technical experience. The candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills and must be flexible and comfortable working in sometimes harsh working environments (tight spaces/weather/noise/ maneuvering heavy equipment) in the utmost professional manner. The candidate must be an organized, personable, team player, with a positive attitude. Former experience in maritime or yachting industry, veteran-status a plus, and/or second language skills a major plus.
· Under the direct supervision of FHG’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Engineering Officer (CEngO), the Technical Assistant’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, direct technical support assisting engineers in tasks such as diesel engine services, in-frame overhauls, electrical systems, hydraulics, generators, OWS servicing, control systems servicing, air conditioning (HVAC-R), troubleshooting, and general repair/routine maintenance.
Working hours and locations
· FHG is a mobile concierge service. The Technical Assistant will accompany CEO and CEngO to job-sites (shipyards/private residences/marinas) throughout the South Florida area. Position is a part-time position with no benefits, however based on performance may become full-time.
· Provide technical assistance to engineers including, but not limited to: diesel engine services, in-frame overhauls, electrical systems, hydraulics, generators, OWS servicing, control systems servicing, air conditioning (HVAC-R), troubleshooting, and general repair/routine maintenance.
· Knowledge of basic hand tools
· Must be able to carry 50+ lbs. of equipment or tools and work in sometimes challenging conditions
· Professionalism (timely and proper conduct if/when interacting with clients)
· Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
· Be aware of the company objectives and activities
· Apply safety rules at all times
· Attends FHG All Staff Meetings
· Be pro-active in improving skills
· The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description, as well as to provide support to Chief Operating Officer if/when necessary.
The position within the company requires to convey a certain image of FHG. FHG expects its employees to behave in an appropriate professional manner at all times and in all places, when representing the organization.
Want to apply for this job?
Enter your basic information below to start the process!