Marine Service Technician / Luxury Yacht Mechanic – Land based position
*****Open House-On the spot interviews!!!*****
Wednesday, August 11, 2021 from 8am-10am and 12pm-2pm
Lauderdale Marine Center 2001 SW 20th Street, Suite 102, Fort Lauderdale, 33315
Ferretti Group of America specializes in the sales and marketing of luxury yachts and other nautical services. We are a market leader in the Americas, and a member of the Ferretti Group (based in Italy). Ferretti Group of America is the exclusive dealer and distributor for the group’s yacht brands in North America, which include Ferretti Yachts, Riva, Pershing, Custom Line, CRN, Wally, and Itama.
This position is located in sunny Fort Lauderdale, FL, and provides you with a beautiful waterfront setting in which to work. Our elegant Ferretti Group Showroom is the largest covered, in-water marina in the US, where we feature new and used yachts for sale.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package, including a great benefits plan!
The following job description serves as a guide for expected job performance and is not intended to limit individual initiative. The company reserves the right to add or delete job responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Complete repairs within the specified times.
- Advise After Sales Manager of diagnosis, needed repairs, include pictures of before/after when applicable.
- Ensure when completing each job, confirm work is satisfactory and in good working order.
- Attend factory and/or additional technical training as necessary if requested upon
- Troubleshoot some repairs via phone or video conference when necessary.
- Maintain proper inventory of common items stocked in van.
- Domestic and international travel for work, with potential overtime.
- Accompany Corporate Captains on sea trials when needed.
- Complete commissioning and inspection reports accurately when assigned.
- Maintain company equipment to ensure good working order, including vehicles, uniform etc.
- Always keep workspace and tools clean and organized.
- Collect all necessary information before requesting parts and once ordered, maintain necessary documentation, and follow up on all orders.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other company personnel and a positive client interaction.
- Respond to inquiries and seeks additional information when uncertain of any tasks.
- Follow safety rules, applicable laws, and regulations, wear proper protective gear as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Related experience in the Marine industry required. High school/GED; technical or vocational school a plus; bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus and require three or more years related technical experience and/or training. Strong understanding of customer service and ability to communicate effectively. Possess essential mechanical and technical skills.
We have multiple positions available that include one or more of these job-related skills that include welding, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, fiberglass, and/or hydraulics.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license required
If you are interested in applying to Ferretti Group of America, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Please put Service Technician in the Subject Line.
Want to apply for this job?
Enter your basic information below to start the process!